The Perris Union High School District is aware of the Coronavirus and we are working with the Riverside County Department of Health to learn about new developments or precautions we may need to take. The health and safety of our students and staff is important, and we would like to provide our students, parents and staff with the following information.
As with any virus, you can take a number of steps to protect your health and those around you. These everyday habits can help prevent the spread of viruses.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with a tissue and throw the tissue away immediately. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Students who have fevers and coughs or any other flu-like symptoms should stay home until they are symptom-free for 24 hours without medication.
If you have traveled recently to Wuhan, China, or have been in close contact with a person with or suspected to have the Novel Coronavirus 2019 and are experiencing signs and symptoms similar to having the flu, please seek medical attention immediately.
For more information on the Novel Coronavirus 2019 visit:
- Riverside University Health System, Public Health
- California Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The County of Riverside Emergency Management Department (EMD) has also established a public call center to support efforts with community information-sharing: (951) 358-5134.