Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Why did the website change?
- Q: How do I get to my email?
- Q: I can't find the page or document I am looking for?
- Q: I need to add or update information on the website, who do I contact?
The District wanted to present a more professional and custom look and feel that better represents the great and innovative approaches we take to teaching and learning. Federal subsidies for K-12 websites were removed starting with the 2015-2016 school year which presented a good opportunity to move the management of the District's website from a commercially available content management system to a more flexible solution designed internally.
Some of the features of this site include:
- A more flexible layout which will allow for more professional looking marketing pages like Scholar +
- Incorporation of select social media feeds
- Distributed and simplified editing
- Embedded media, like videos from YouTube
- The simplest way to access your PUHSD email account is to go to www.gmail.com, alternatively you can access a link to your email from the staff "Tools & Resources" page which can be found at www.puhsd.org/pages/tools-resources or by clicking the link located under "Staff" on the main page.
We have changed the philosophy behind how we are organizing the links, pages and documents that are made available on the District's website. We have organized the new site to better meet the needs of the people who are accessing the site, be they parents, community members, students or staff members. With this in mind, the main categories listed on the home page (www.puhsd.org) will contain links to various pages and documents relevant to who you are.
We have made every effort to transfer documents and pages from the previous version of the District's web page. If we have missed a document or page that your are looking for, you can still access the old site by going to www-old.puhsd.org.
If you are still unable to find what you are looking for, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
We have designed the site to eventually be managed by select teachers and staff, but we realize that it will take some time to get people trained and comfortable with using our new content management system. In the meantime, please feel free to call the ITS Helpdesk at extension 80250 or send an email to email@example.com.