POSSIBLE REASONS FOR REJECTION DURING INITIAL INTERVIEW
- Poor personal hygiene / appearance.
- Nervous, ill at ease, not confident.
- Fails to look the interviewer in the eye.
- Limp, fishy handshake.
- Sloppy application.
- Inability to express self clearly.
- Answers yes and no to all questions – does not
- Indefinite response to specific questions.
- Hostile, overbearing, aggressive, conceited.
- Lack of interest or enthusiasm or desperate attitude.
- Overall emphasis in money only.
- Condemnation of past employers – no tact.
- Low moral standards / not prepared to discuss past
- Breath smell of alcohol. Appeared to be under
influence of alcohol/drug.
- Inability to take criticism.
- Late for the interview.
- Did not research the company.
- Not familiar with responsibilities of the position
- Can’t communicate how past work experience relates to
position for which they are interviewing for (transferable skills).