Paloma Valley High School
To develop well disciplined student athletes, who pursue excellence in both education and athletics.
- Create a program that generates pride and tradition from all areas in the community.
- Work together with athletic, site, and district administration to create a program that includes school wide goals.
- Emphasize the importance and development of fundamentals, technique, and discipline as the backbone of the program.
- Provide to the student athlete an inspirational and motivational environment where preparation, practice, and pride generate legitimate opportunities for success.
Commitment- Team first! Every player must be willing to do all that is required for the success of the team.
Integrity- Athletes must adhere to fair play, respect for the game, coaches, players, opponents, umpires, and facilities.
Pride- Players must remember they are representing their school and community, and must adhere to the highest standard of conduct. Players must take pride in their performance, appearance, and facility.
- Coaching baseball is not just preparation for the game, it is preparation for life.
- Emphasis is placed on developing responsible young men as well as baseball players.
- Coaches are honest with players and parents at all times.
- There are no shortcuts; success comes with hard work, dedication, and pride.
- Respect the history of the game, and play with integrity.
- Wins and losses are important, but the team relationships will last well beyond the season.
- Education is the reason we are here.
- Athletes are required to put scholastic work and baseball above all other social activities. Success in both of these areas requires a lot of time, hard work, and sacrifice.
- Attendance is mandatory for all team meetings, practices, and functions.
- Respect is a must for coaches, players, opponents, and officials.
- Players are held to a high standard of behavior, both on and off the field. Discipline problems that occur on campus or in the community will be dealt with severely.
- Support the program and coaches, and when issues arise, communicate with the Head Varsity Coach.
- Treat officials, teams, and other spectators with respect at all times.
- Support the booster club and get involved when able.
- Understand that their athlete is part of the team and their commitment to that team must be taken seriously.
Expectations of Coaches
· All coaches will conduct themselves to the highest standard of conduct.
· Coaches will treat all athletes, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect.
· All lower level coaches are assistants to the Head Varsity Coach and will institute expectations and philosophies.
· Be over-prepared for practice and games.
· All coaches will ride with the team, both to and from each contest.
· Coaches will be the first to the field and the last to leave.